- E-mails and Comments are moderated, the volunteer moderators try to keep up, but on occasion there may be delays of a few hours.
- No vulgarities of any kind, nor links to sites that promote such. Particularly porn or gaming sites.
- No links to commercial websites that are not relevant to the discussion.
- Respect is given to those with manners, those without manners that insult others or begin starting flame wars may find their comments deleted.
- Publishing comments in SHOUTING MODE (all caps) is not acceptable.
- Some off-topic comments may get deleted, don’t take it personally, it happens. Commenters that routinely lead threads astray in areas that are not relevant or are of personal interest only to them may find these comments deleted.
- A spam filter is employed; some comments and e-mails may disappear into it based on words, phrases, and/or links.
- Trolls, flame-bait, personal attacks, thread-jacking, sockpuppetry and other detritus that add nothing to further the discussion may get deleted; also comments repeatedly linking to a particular blog, or attempting to dominate a thread by excessive postings may get deleted.
- Internet phantoms who have cryptic handles, no name, and no real email address get no respect here. If you think your opinion or idea is important, elevate your status by being open and honest. People that use their real name get more respect than phantoms with handles. We encourage open discussion by people that stand behind their words.
- Comments coming from proxy servers (to create fake identities) will be deleted.
- Anonymity is not guaranteed on this site.
- A real working email address that you own (as a commenter) is required, so that we may contact you if needed. False or misleading email addresses may earn banishment. Changing handles and/or changing email addresses to get around this will also earn the same fate.
- You are responsible for your own words.